'No Depression'....none at all


I just want to take a brief moment and thank Uncle Tupelo for breaking up almost 15yrs ago. It's not that I wasn't a fan of the seminal alt-country band, in fact it is the exact opposite. I still listen to Anodyne at least a couple of times a month. And Uncle Tupelo almost single handily started the
entire resurgence of the 'no depression' sound...which had laid dormant for the most part since The Byrds and Gram Parsons ruled the airwaves in the late 60's, early 70's. As I peruse my music collection the influential stamp of Uncle Tupelo is all over it.

But since Uncle Tupelo split I have gotten 2 Son Volt records that I really like from Jay Farrar and his new outfit, and Wilco and Jeff Tweedy have been one of my favorite 2 or 3 bands since AM came out in 94(i think it was 94...they years are starting to blur together in my mind.)

So thanks for dividing and conquering fellas...enjoy the song.

01nodepression.mp3

1 Response to "'No Depression'....none at all"

  • Unknown Says:

    anodyne, still feel gone, march 16-20, 1992, all of those albums still give me shivers....

    You gotta read Greg Kot's book on Wilco called 'Learning How To Die'. It's phenomenal, and it'll give you a whole new perspective on UT's music and the first couple of Son Volt vs. Wilco albums....