RIP Jay Bennett


This Memorial Day just got a little bit sadder and more reflective for me. Former Wilco member, and amazing musician in his own right, Jay Bennett passed away in his sleep last night at the heartbreakingly young age of 45. It's weird, I was just yesterday formulating in my had a verbose post about how much Wilco and their music has meant to me over these past 15 years. Jay was a HUGE part of that from 1994-2001. Music must be an amazing thing to make you miss someone that have never even met so much.

Check out his myspace page if you have a second...as happens in this information age of ours, the comments section has sort of become a living, breathing memorial to the man and all of the lives he has touched. http://www.myspace.com/jaybennett

Thanks for the music Jay...you are missed.


* Jay Bennett - 'I Don't Have The Time' MP3

3 Response to "RIP Jay Bennett"