"Raise a toast to St. Joe Strummer I think he might’ve been our only decent teacher "


This new Hold Steady record is already my summer soundtrack. I have played the thing into the ground and still love every single note. Just wanted to take a second and share the first track off of 'Stay Positive' and a track from the band Craig Finn name checks in the song, The Clash.

The Hold Steady - 'Constructive Summer' MP3


The Clash - 'Clampdown' MP3

4 Response to ""Raise a toast to St. Joe Strummer I think he might’ve been our only decent teacher ""

  • Anonymous Says:

    Yet another excellent album from The Hold Steady. I wasn't expecting it to be this good, but hey, glad to be pleasantly surprised.


  • Anonymous Says:

    right on. I'm getting it asap. I just hope its consistent. Dare I say that the 'boys and girls in america' was hit and miss....


  • Anonymous Says:

    I just have to say, that the Hold Steady doesn't really name check The Clash, just Joe Strummer. This isn't an attempt to one up you musically or anything, but there is more to Joe Strummer than The Clash. His post-Clash experience is really what makes his life that much more extraordinary in my opinion.

    If only he were still with us today.


  • Blair Says:

    I have all the Joe Strummer albums, they are amazing...it was the Clash that spoke to Craif Finn...see:

    http://mog.com/mogtv/hold_steady1