Rock N Roll


My self imposed show hiatus took another hit last night. Boredom and beautiful weather teamed up to coax me out of hiding for the Jason Isbell show last night. And I am so glad I went. There is just something so good for the soul about packing too many people into a really tiny club and listening to somebody play their heart out for 90 minutes. Good old fashioned, visceral rock n roll bliss.

I am not very adept at writing reviews, so I will spare you the details...but it was an awesome night.Deer Tick, a band that I had heard of but never heard, opened the show and the blew me away. I bought a cheap point and shoot digital camera that I am taking to Coachella and I took it out for a test run last night, but alas...without a battery it didn't do me much good! So in lieu of photos, I will post a couple of songs...one is my favorite Isbell penned Drive By Truckers song, and the other is a Deer Tick tune off of their 2007 album 'War Elephant.'

* Drive By Truckers - 'God Damn Lonely Love' MP3


* Deer Tick - 'Ashamed' MP3

1 Response to "Rock N Roll"