Craigslist Musical Dedication Of The Day

My confession (I don't care)


Reply to: pers-871324267@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-10-08, 1:17PM EDT


I am 25 years old. My father and mother come from Lebanon, so yes, I am a Muslim. I've lived in America my whole life. I don't really practice Islam even though I tell my father that I do.
According to my religion I am not supposed to partake of pork. Last month I mistakenly ate some bacon. I LOVED IT! I never had it before so I never knew how freaking delicious it can be. Ever since then I have been buying pounds of bacon and eating it, for breakfast with eggs and toast, for lunch making BLT's, and for dinner in a salad or as I tried last night, bacon wrapped scallops.
I'm thinking that this whole not eating pork thing is a farce. Tonight, its BBQ ribs.
If my father ever found out I would never hear the end of it.

******

Nine Inch Nails - 'March Of The Pigs' MP3





2 Response to "Craigslist Musical Dedication Of The Day"

  • Hanan Says:

    hahah
    I was raised muslim, and once I had lumpia with pork and thought it tasted interesting...but now I'm a vegetarian heathen so it doesn't even matter.


  • Blair Says:

    Haha! Good for BOTH of you...i was raised Methodist...dad was a Sunday School teacher...but it never stuck!

    Wow, the angst you must have felt taking that first bite of forbidden food...yay for rebelliousness!!!!